- Sort by Default Order
Welding Gas Cylinder
Sekao Engineering can supply you with your gas cylinder needs. We have gas bottles for refill and for sale. What is more, the cylinders are available for pick up in our store. So you know we always have a supply ready and waiting. Welding/Cutting Gas Oxygen Cylinder Size E Exchange. So, rather than pay hire for your cylinder you can now purchase your own. In our case the cylinder purchase price was equivalent to 16 months hire. Therefore, when the cylinder is empty just return for an exchange.
Gas Cylinder Safety is a Top Priority
The storage of gas cylinders is very important. You must always make sure you handle the gas cylinders with due care and attention.
Follow the safety rules below to make sure you keep your workshop accident free, when it comes to gas cylinders.
- Check your fire code for guidelines regarding the storage of flammable gas cylinders.
- Store cylinders in a clearly identified, dry, well-ventilated storage area that is not exposed to heat or the direct rays of the sun, and away from doorways, aisles, elevators, and stairs.
- Post “no smoking” signs in the area.
- Store cylinders, both empty and full, in the upright position and secure with an insulated chain or non-conductive belt.
- During storage, close the cylinder valves with the protective caps in place.
- With outside storage, place on a fireproof surface and enclose in a tamper-proof enclosure.
- Protect cylinders from contact with ground, ice, snow, water, salt, corrosion, and high temperatures.
- Protect cylinders from falling. Use a chain or adequate support system. Consider securing each cylinder separately to prevent other cylinders from falling when items are removed from storage.
- Store oxygen cylinders and fuel gas cylinders separately. Indoors, separate oxygen from fuel gas cylinders by at least 6.1 m (20 ft), or by a wall at least 1.5 m (5 ft) high with a minimum half-hour fire resistance. (From: CSA W117.2-12 (R-2017) “Safety in welding, cutting and allied processes”. Local jurisdiction requirements may vary.)
- Cylinders must also be separated away from flammable and combustible liquids and from materials that easily ignite (such as wood, paper, oil, grease, etc.) by similar requirements as oxygen cylinders (6.1 m, or a fire wall at least 1.5 m high with ½ hr fire resistance).
Don’t take chances!
- Blacksmith Supplies & Tools
- Samarium Cobalt
- Alnico Magnets
- Ferrite Magnets
- Magnetic Filters & Tools
- Bamboo Work Socks